The 4Points Leadership Model
4Points Leadership is a developmental model that empowers leaders to explore specific challenges or opportunities in their work. The process, short or long in duration, helps equip the leader or team to navigate through their problem, opportunity, threat or weakness, while strengthening his/her resiliency and network of supporters.
The model is based on these 4 points:
PAUSE to reflect and discern
- - Step away from the frenzy
- - Understand the importance of renewal
- - What is a Leadership Challenge for you?
- - How did it evolve?
- - Why is it your challenge to address?
- - What’s at stake? What’s to be gained or lost?
ORIENT around the purpose of your work and core values that serve as the foundation of your leadership.
- - What is the purpose of your work?
- - How is your purpose or mission affected by your Leadership Challenge?
- - Are your values and the organization’s values in harmony?
- - How have your core values called upon you to act in the past?
- - How might they inform actions associated with this challenge?
ALIGN with the resources and partners you need to address your challenge.
- - Are you seeing the Leadership Challenge from an attitude of abundance or scarcity?
- - What roles are others playing in association with the challenge?
- - What capital—social, financial, physical—is needed for you to address the challenge?
- - What are the networks that will best help you meet this challenge?
LEAD with a successful plan of action to meet the challenge and emerge with a successful outcome.
- - What are the desired outcomes associated with the Leadership Challenge?
- - What strategies will you use to address the challenge?
- - How are compromise, collaboration, or go-it-alone approaches relevant?
- - What will be the indicators of success along the way as you meet the challenge?
Our One Day for the Leader seminars are designed to introduce the model to leaders and in just eight hours, help them dissect a challenge and begin to develop a plan of action for moving forward. In this short format, we encourage leaders to address a current or short-term issue or problem through the 4Points process.
Similarly, we apply the 4Points Leadership Model to Leadership Challenges over longer durations, meeting four times for one full day over a period of eight weeks. This 44-hour process workshop is local and is designed to give leaders multiple opportunities to check-in with their cohort on their progress as they’re working quickly to address their challenge.
Our most comprehensive program helps leaders with large challenges or opportunities using a multi-weekend retreat format over a period of nine months. These residential programs are designed to strengthen the leader’s resiliency and to give him/her a solid network of support as the challenge is dissected and a plan of action is developed and implemented.